06 August 2011

Cool Tree and Mountain Trip

Here's my pretty girl being good and all smiley a relief compared to Nik being a crazy screaming man after entering a monastery where the priest was trying to say a prayer over him. We went on a trip up to this monastery specifically because Grandma Katerina wanted us to go, Arthur kept telling us that we were going to a church to drink wine. Well this just kind of messed up the whole trip for one thing I was under the impression that it was just a hour away it ended up being 2 1/2 hours away and on a road that was super windy (the mountains were beautiful). Kat got sick and threw up breakfast lucky for me I didn't feed Nik or he would have been in the same predicament. I wasn't wearing the proper clothing to enter a monastery, women must wear skirts and shirts that cover the shoulders. But they give you a skirt to borrow and Arthur had a extra shirt in the car. Nik finally calmed down after we left and stopped for lunch.
The week before the kids played with a cousin that came from Larissa.
My water babies playing in the river, Nik is trying to catch a fish (one of his favorite pretend games).
This tree growing out of a rock was seen on the road to the monastery.
This is where we ate lunch after the monastery, the food was good and the location was excellent with views of the valley and mountains. We had the whole inside of the restaurant to ourselves since everyone else was eating outside and this is a benefit because the kids could then run around. We ended our trip on a good note with the kids falling asleep immediately after lunch so the rest of the car trip was peaceful.
I found out after our trip the reason why Katerina wanted us to go....When Arthur was 4 months old, she took him to this monastery. But 42 years ago there was no road to this monastery so instead she rode a horse up and down the mountains it took 8 hours to get there from her home village, they spent the night and Arthur screamed the whole time and 3 priest came to say the cross over him, then they left the next day for another 8 hours on a horse. So really my little air-conditioned car drive was nothing compared to her trip.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I love the picture of Kat. She is a little doll. Cool picture of the tree. So glad you didn't have to ride a horse up the windy roads to the monastery. Keep blogging. I love reading of your adventures.