20 December 2015

Decorating for Christmas

I love making these Hexagon Fabric Tray's, they are a quick and easy sew up project.  The tutorial for how to make them can be found on A Spoonful of Sugar Blog! Her hexagon tray template makes the small sized hexagon, the large size comes from my article in The Make Modern Magazine Issue 8 for my Hexagon Pouch.
My kids and I sewed up these pouches, again another fairly simple sew.
For the medium sized hexagon I just made a template in between my large hexagon and A Spoonful of Sugar small hexagon shape (I will try to have links to both the large size and medium size below, but I am not very computer literate when it comes to doing that kind of thing) The large hexagon measures 5" on each side, it works great with layer cake's, the medium size is 4" on each side.

My kids think that an elf comes in the night to fill up the advent calendar, this is what he has been bringing, chocolate coins and Rabbids figurines, and a few markers.
We also have this beautiful wooden tree, that is decorated with small ornaments, the kids love putting them on and taking them off, and yes we are already missing 2, I'm sure I will find them eventually.
This gorgeous fabric advent calendar that can be used year after year and that I will pass down to my children so they can use it for my some day grandkids is a pattern from Anne Boundy of Said with Love.  More pictures can be found here.
I will be working on a way to get the PDF file up for the larger and medium sized hexagons, if you want them immediately send me an e-mail, grecomara at gmail dot com I am able to forward the pattern since it is a friend you made it up for me in the first place, see not so good with the computer.

Linking to QuiltShopGal for the #NightsBeforeChristmasParty

2 comments:

Rosa said...

So gorgeous projects.Love them all!

Merry Christmas!

SIMPLESEW said...

I would love the pattern.. they are really cute..