19 February 2013

Get Your Hex On, March

Hello Fellow Bee Girls

This is my block that I sent in the mail last week you should see your package soon.

I only have 2 rules
   1.  The only green you can use is the one I provided if you have more Kona Olive in your stash, then you can use it.
    2.  The vespas need to go in a certain direction, half of you got vespas going right, they need to be on top, and half of you got vespas going left and they need to be on the bottom.

Otherwise you can do whatever you want, a whole block of hexies (only 16 whole and 4 half) or shapes, if you want to do hexies on the side that is fine also.
The vespa measures 3 1/4 by 2  1/2, use 1/4 seams
I cut my hexagons as 2 1/2 blocks and this will be helpful if you do a full hexie block like the one on the right in the above picture, because you don't want to trim until you finish.
Not trimmed seeing what direction to go

Trimmed and sewn to bottom white piece of 2 1/2 x 6
 Colors you can add from your own stash are blue (as long as it looks good with the rest of the fabrics provided), grey, white or black.  You can make it pretty much any way you want.
If you have any questions let me know.

Finished size from left to right 8 1/2 and up and down 10 1/2 if you do all hexies like the top right picture then it might come out as 10 1/4, this is fine.

Mostly 1 inch hexies, since I cut the fabric at 2 1/2 but I leave the size up to you also.

If you are not in the Bee but would like to "Get Your Hex On" and do some hexies then stop on over at Stacey's blog The Tilted Quilt, she is in the process of filling a 3rd bee group, a load of fun.

3 comments:

Stacey Napier said...

This is great! I love that each of us get to create a unique block for you - only one question, what is the unfinished size of the block you want to receive back?

Cathy said...

Looks like LOTS of fun!

Margaret said...

Love this! Do you want a 12" or 12.5 " block?