06 October 2007

The Water Bill

This story is not as funny as "The Water Boy", but I think some people back home might find it fascinating. We got the water bill for KokaRoka this week and it was 135euros, Arthur was pretty upset that it was so high and so I was like we could always try some water saving tips. This is when Arthur showed me the bill, the actual cost for the water was 45euros the other 90euros was for taxes (that's 200% in taxes). That's right the tax for our bill was double what we spent in water usage, imagine if they did this in the States, I think there would be riots. Seventy euros went specifically to the city hall and I told Arthur he should really go down there and talk to them about this taxing system. If anyone else agrees, just write "YOU CAN DO IT!".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Arthur Go! All politicians are maggots - per Bryan. YOU CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Someone has to pay for your socialized medicine and all of the other items so there you go. DAD

Jeanie said...

YOU CAN DO IT Arthur! Go Go Go

Leslie said...

Cost shifting is a %$*^(. But no harm in trying! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Off the record I will tell you a few times I had to tell myself "You can do it", Arthur and Mara.If you are unsuccessful in one area just move on. There are lots of YOU CAN DO IT applications, I think. My renter didn't like it when I raised the rent re new water. I had to tell her that water is expensive....... Love, Ma

Anonymous said...

remember We saw that movie with some strange guy in NYC!! FUn times huh?

Tracy