06 February 2008

Fashion Statement

I did the Greek Fashionable thing, I had a C-section. Anyone who knows me would know that I am not at all into being in fashion, but it was a quick minute decision. The doctors said I was in the stages of pre-eclampsia and it was getting very dangerous for me and the baby, although I wasn't in any labor pain I did have pain in my upper back and the baby was showing signs of being stressed. So the team was called in ( I had both maternity doctors with me) and a little after midnight in the early morning of January 29, 2008 Nik was delivered while I was out cold. The reason I said it was the fashionable thing to do was that everyone Arthur knows has done it. In fact in my room we had 6 women come through, 2 regular labors and 4 C-Sections, out of 6 women 2 of us had our babies taken to bigger hospitals. A C-Section in Greece is almost like fake boobs in California 2 out of every 3 women has it done.